Well it is that time of year again. I just love to have the kids over to make a huge mess making Christmas cookies. I have an easy recipe that was given to me from a coworker and it makes a huge batch. It is enough for everyone to take a plate full.
The planning that goes into this is not so bad now that I have done it for the last few years. The night before I made lunch I cooked up hamburger meat to make sloppy joes in the crock pot. This works well because the oven and stove are usually crazy busy. I also make sure to make the frosting and separate it into baggies to squeeze out of bags on to cookies. This year I decided to add a veggie try to snack because we have so much sugar when we are making cookies. This morning when I got up I cut the veggies for the try and got the kids and myself ready for everyone to show up. I put the cookie recipe together so that as soon as everyone showed up we would be able to get things going. This year we did little balls for everyone to roll and cut. So much fun and with that no one was in a hurry to get the dough cut thinking they were going to miss out. Also we did sprinkles this year.
Every one showed up just after ten am and so did the fun.
I just hope that everyone has as much fun as I do. I love you Mom, Barry, Jamie, Marty, Jordan, Madison, Korbin, Janacy, Trisadee, Taigyn, Traclyn, Patrick, Gabriel and Foster. Thanks a ton and it was nice to meet Holly Ann. I can not wait til next year to do it again.
No comments:
Post a Comment