Saturday, June 23, 2012

New Harmony Mud Run 2012

I wanted to this run as soon as I saw it the New Harmony Mud Run. The thing is that I did not want to do it alone. Of course I set into motion a plan that no one could turn down. It all started at the Midnight 5K. We were delirious from being up late and drunk on Denny's breakfast at 1am. The first 4 of my 5 woman team. Jamie my sister, My mom and Emily a family friend and me. I put them all on the spot. so are you in for the New Harmony Mud run? I asked them and the answer was Yes! Wahoo! Thank goodness for late night running and bad for you food. I was so excited. but we needed a 5th team member. I thought Stacy will do it! and with no hesitation she said yes. She is crazy like that.
Fast forward to the actual mud run.  I was so excited to go and get muddy it was just like being a kid again. jumping walls running through tires and the HUGE sprinklers from the fire trucks  Some challenging too we walked through what felt like 5 miles of sand up a rocky steep hill and then down a road. We crawled through tubes and played in the mud. I can not express the amount of fun I had. We were even asked to do a fun mud run video shot for a video guy. We pretended we were the best and the fastest ones out there but in reality we were last. But I am telling you I had the best time doing this 5k out of the 9 I have done. I am hooked bring on another Mud Run!
beauty before the mud
 


Hurry up and stand in line!

pose for a photo op!

After the MUD!


No comments:

Post a Comment