On November 24, 2012
Jamie and her family invited us to go get their Christmas tree up on cedar mountain. Now mind you I am a false tree kind of girl I found my tree on Black Friday on sale for $79 prelit. Yup I am a lazy butt. Truthfully I tried the real tree thing and we are just not a good fit.

9am we left the house to get headed up to Cedar of course we had to go feed animals and get gas so we did not get out of Veyo until about 915am, but Patrick knows some shortcuts to get to Cedar quicker. We headed to Parawan stopped at the Maverick. I bought the boys some suckers because that is their reward for going pee. I also found some really cool toys that they boys will love I decided to save for their Christmas.
 |
| Gabriel, Foster and Korbin |
 |
| Playing with sticks |
We headed up the mountain. It was a beautiful day. We only needed light jackets and thin gloves. We hiked up the boys are very slow but that was part of the fun. We were not there to find a tree we were there just to enjoy the nature. The Mathews did not like what was in the first area so we all piled in the back of Marty's truck and went all the way up the mountain to a half frozen lake. It was too far so we turned around and found a good spot. We all got out and started hiking. Patrick and Marty went with the older kids and found a tree while Jamie and I stayed back with the 3 younger kids. We were able to look at all the aspens and talk about the different kind of pine trees. The boys all collected sticks and pretend they were shot guns. Gabriel and Foster do not know what a shot gun is but they knew that when their older cousin Korbin is doing it then it must be cool.
 |
| The Tree |
 |
| Patrick helping Madi cut her tree she got scared |
Marty, Patrick, Jordan, Madison and Jordan's friend Preston found The Tree. and Madi found a small one for herself. Marty cut it down with Patricks chain saw. Patrick cut the little stump that was left I asked him if I could have the piece he cut he handed it to me and because I wanted it all the kids needed one. I just love the smell of fresh cut wood.
 |
| our wood chips |
As we were hiking back to the truck I thought is would be a good idea that when we get together we could make the little stumps into a Christmas decoration. We could paint them and use our wood burners and carve our names and date into it. That is going to be so fun.

On our way back we noticed some neat things under a fallen tree was a huge mushroom. I had to take a picture. Madi thought it was neat that bugs eat wood and it made a really cool design on the wood so she took a picture of that too.
When we were done with getting the tree we headed to a campground and roasted hot dog and marshmallows. The kids played and the boys ate their giant suckers.
 |
| Foster and Gabriel playing at the campground |
The boys were exhausted the slept most of the way home.
No comments:
Post a Comment