Sunday, November 18, 2012

Save-A-Sister

Another 5K. We did The Save-a-Sister 5K last year and it was fun but kinda hard. This year it was so fun and I am so glad we did it again. This year Jamie had a headache. I am pretty sure she had one last year too. But last year we walked it. We were given a tag that states who you run for. We ran for Great Aunt Donna, she passed away from breast cancer. 2 survivors Aunt Colleen and my Step-Mom Bonnie.

Before. Todd, Jamie, Mom, Me and Julie.
During our run my friend Todd Wilson was there. We saw him last year also. He is a funny man. He did pretty good at running the save-a-sister. He won his entry on the radio. When we finished we looked to see how we did and he came in 3rd for the 10k. Too funny he only ran the 5k so he had to go tell them he did not win. But we had fun joking about a fit young guy being mad that a FAT guy beat him in the 10K.
after, Jamie, Mom, Me, Todd and Julie

This year not a lot of people ran it. I sure enjoyed it. Jamie has been running and she is quite competitive even though she says she is not. Well she ran and was doing well she was way ahead of me. When I got toward the end I got a second wind. I saw her ahead of me and I thought I can do this. So I caught  her and PASSED her right before the finish. I yelled WAHOOOOOOO!!!! as I passed her and laughed. I loved it. I would share that picture if I could figure how to rotate them.

1 comment: