Thursday, January 24, 2013

Baking with the boys

Today it is a rainy day. I was going through the cupboards looking for something I do not remember what but, I pulled out some chocolate chips and managed to leave them on the counter. While I was wasting time looking at gardening thing wishing it was time to play in the garden I over hear Gabriel talking Foster into going into the kitchen to open the chocolate chips. That Gabriel is always trying to get his brother to do things he should not.  When Gabriel is doing something he knows he should not he will come check on me to make sure I am busy so he can go about making trouble. I just love these boys.

Well I decided we needed to make cookies together because we have not made cookies in a while. Of course Gabriel wants to do it all so I measure and he dumps and taste test the entire process. He just loves making cookies. Foster does not so much care about the process but, he loves the end and almost end results.

One of my favorite things as a child was to lick the beater. It is something the boys love too. Foster got the beater this time and Gabriel insisted it was his and that his brother should not have it. Gabriel got the spatula.
 







 Of course after too much cookie dough the onlything left to do is have some water to rinse it down. Their dad would disagree. I am sure he would prefer milk with his cookies.




No comments:

Post a Comment