Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Family Date Night!

We had to take the commuter car into the shop to get looked over and hopefully fixed and last for at least another fifty thousand miles. Because of this I decided it would be a good idea to take the boys to Sakura a hibachi/sushi restaurant. Patrick love going here when we go out on dates. Patrick loves the sushi and I love the teriyaki salmon on the hibachi. The boys are almost 3 now so I thought they may enjoy the show at the hibachi.
Oh the fun. Watching the boys try new things and enjoying it was fun. Gabriel just loved the meso soup. He did not even want to try the rice til his soup was gone. This kid loves rice. If we are having rice for dinner he finishes it first and we have to bribe him to eat the rest of his food.
Now if you have been to one of these restaurants than you know how it goes a chef comes out does some flare with his spatula and fork and then the smiley face is lit on fire. FAWOOSH (that is the sound the fire makes.) Well of course the reaction to this was not what I was thinking 2 crying little boys. Our chef was really good about moving on and throwing things in his hat and it calmed the boys right down. They just loved watching the salt shakers disappear into the chef hat and the eggs when he dropped it on the grill and it broke. Gabriel just watched but Foster giggled and had a great time but he did not like the fire. When he lit the volcano on fire Foster covered his face and hid a little. But it all ended up being funny because the chef brought out a little doll that puts out the fire by peeing water on it and on the boys.

I am glad that they enjoyed the show but the best part was they loved the food. All of it Foster tried all the sauces and ate with the kids chop sticks with no help. Patrick had to show Gabriel how to use the chop stick and he enjoyed it but he could not use them to eat his favorite food rice.
I had so much fun watching the boys enjoy the show it made my day and I am so glad that they enjoyed the food also. We defiantly will be taking the boys back there again.

While writing this I got an update on the car. Looks like it needs a new engine. Oh the fun of commuting.
So we are going to get a new engine for it and maybe it will have less miles on it and last years longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment