January is not my favorite month it never has been. I always get the post Holiday blues and I am not sure why most of the time. This year I kinda know why I am blue. One it is ugly outside and the wind seems to never stop blowing. And this year I had to Put my cat Pawdashaw down. Man, I love that cat.
On top of all that today, I was again disappointed by the most disappointing person in my life. I usually do not let it bother me because I am so far removed, but it is for some reason. I think maybe because of my boys or because I am already blue. When I am depressed I like to eat and right now I would like to loose about ten lbs 5 are Doctor ordered to get my cholesterol levels and blood pressure down.
On another note Patrick and I have been looking for another car. A family vehicle. The truck is just not a great family car. We would like to get a crossover SUV some thing that has room for the family and is big enough for all the things the future holds. I just do not want the debt that goes with a new car and I do love the truck. On the other hand it would be really nice to have another car that we fit in well. Maybe now is just not the time. I will keep my eye out for one and maybe we will find a killer deal for sale by owner.
I am ready for spring I have been thinking about what I am going to do in my garden this year. I go and get horse poo from my moms house often to keep my compost pile growing. I am excited to get some grapes growing. I really need to get a sand box, a real sand box, for my boys out back this year. I would love to get this going soon so when there is a nice day they will want to go out and play. I also would like to get the ground prepped for there to be grass in the back yard this year.
Oh and I am getting baby chicks! I am so excited about the baby chicks that I am going to be getting. This wonderful lady my mom works with ordered her some baby chicks and had to order a ton so she is giving the ones she can not have to others. I asked for 4-6 thinking they would supply eggs for my mom, my sister and my family then my mom asked for 4 for her. I am already expecting to have way too many eggs. I am excited to teach the boys about taking care of babies. I known that they will love to feed them daily. They love to feed the deck cats and the dog and our fish. I am also excited for what there poo will do for my compost.
I am so ready for spring now. Let the out door fun begin.
So sorry about the blues. So hard. I love all the compost and poo and horses and chicks and animals. What a fun life. I find myself eating to cure my blues. argh.
ReplyDeleteLove you jennie!! Good luck with everything! Especially getting through this dreary winter.